Unforgettable Experiences

 Unforgettable Experiences

By: Adam Lane, Principal, Haines City High School

The importance of creating unforgettable experiences for our staff, students, parents, and community members must always be at the top of our priorities when planning out the activities of our days, weeks, and months ahead.

It was an honor to visit with the city and business leaders of Haines City, as we had the chance to discuss the various strategies we use to create unforgettable experiences and how these experiences are extremely important, regardless of the leadership role in which you serve.

The real estate professional looks to create an unforgettable home showing that will lead to a purchase of the property and a place to create new family memories. The doctor looks to create an unforgettable experience that calms the nerves of the patient and leaves them with usable assessment knowledge. The city manager looks to create an unforgettable experience that makes the community member feel safe, secure, and proud of their community.

As principal of the school, I am responsible for controlling the excitement level of my students and staff and how they feel about returning to campus each day. Psychology 101: thoughts lead to emotions and emotions lead to feelings. There are numerous powerful actions I take when focusing on the psychology 101 mentioned above; wearing holiday suits while playing festive music and visiting classrooms, cranking up and playing my guitar at meetings for staff and in the auditorium for students, slapping high-fives, and delivering fist bumps in the hallways to staff and students, and organizing events that encourage positive relationship building, laughter and amazing times. Most importantly, I never forget the impact I have as the campus leader, wholeheartedly saying, “I appreciate you, I believe in you and I thank you for being part of this school!”.

I think of myself as the activity director on a cruise line. I need to ensure all of my students and staff members depart campus every day with a smile on their faces, positive thoughts in their heads, and a warm, caring feeling in their hearts! As leaders, we cannot assume that students will just return to learn each day and staff members will just return to work each day. No, do not assume and do not take advantage of this thought. Create unforgettable experiences that keep everyone coming back for more!

If I can ever be of assistance, please meet me on the Leading Lane!

https://leadinglane.com & https://www.facebook.com/leadinglane

I appreciate you, believe in you, and thank you! - Adam Lane

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

111 Points to an “A”: A Student Achievement Success Story Emphasizing When Student Learning is Prioritized, Results Come

The Three As of Effective Instructional Leadership: Alignment, Acquisition, and Assurance

HAVE, DO, BE: A Shared Visioning Activity for School Leaders